Friday, June 18, 2010

Crescent Pie and Sausage

I had lunch today with LPO (Lesbians Plus One), a small group of women that I met through my activism with the Forum for Equality. We get together as regularly as we can for lunches at various spots around the city and talk about life, politics and anything else under the sun.

This time we went to Crescent Pie and Sausage. This small, Mid City restaurant is next door to Huevos and is owned by the same guys. They make their own sausage and Ricotta and even potato chips.

We started with the sample of one of their sausages--chorizo--that was quite tasty but a little salty. One person got the BLT pizza (roasted tomatos, bacon, spinach pesto, and cheddar) and it was absolutely amazing. It is true what they say about bacon making everything better, even pizza. Another got some of the meat pies. I only tasted the crawfish but it was quite good, with lots of meat and a flaky crust. I didn't get a taste of the Panzanella Salad but the one who ordered it was a member of the clean plate club. I had the bratwurst sandwich with pickled cabbage. I liked every bit of it, including the mustard and parmesan potato chips. Next time, I'll have to save room for a root beer float.

At about $22 per person it is a little pricey for lunch everyday but the portions are large and delicious. If you go, plan on standing outside and breathe in the air from the hickory smoker and be patient with the single waitress working the floor. It is worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment