Thursday, March 8, 2012

Felipe's Taqueria

It's been a long build up to the start of the Louisiana Legislative session and I went out with a political cohort for drinks tonight. We ended up at Felipe's for cheap food and strong margaritas. Located at 301 North Peters, it is close enough to the edge of the French Quarter to avoid the crowds and expense of the more touristy areas.

The chips were piping hot and the salsa tasted fresh made. I also ordered nachos and, while there were a lot of jalapenos that I had to pick off, the layers of beans, cheese, sour cream, salsa and guacamole were quite substantial. I ordered a regular lime margarita on the rocks and my dining companion had the frozen strawberry (with sugared not salted rim). They very much tasted like more so we did.

I would definitely recommend them for their bar and bar food. Maybe next time we'll actually order from the rest of their menu. Er, probably not! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment