Monday, October 11, 2010

Lulu's at Homeport Marina

I went out with my Mom to Lulu's at Homeport Marina. This restaurant is owned by Jimmy Buffet's sister and is very much as laid back as her brother's music.

We had a fried food extravaganza--starting with fried onion ring and fried green tomatoes then moving to fried shrimp with french fries and jalapeno hush puppies. The batter used was great and the Wow sauce was quite good (sortof like a white remoulade).

My Cadillac margarita was very strong and smooth and the server was quick to bring out ice cold Bud's every time Mom got close to the bottom of her bottles.

I was tempted by her new cookbook but there are a lot more reminiscences than recipes. I can always go back next time and grab one if I change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment