Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lil' Dizzy's Cafe

I had a morning conference meeting and we decided to head over to Lil' Dizzy's Cafe on Poydras. The cafe is located in the old Whitney bank building and we had enough people to use their vault room for our meeting. The glass table rests on two old safes and the walls are thick enough for your group to occasionally get raucous. I always worry when I take a table out of the way that the server will forget about me but the staff was quick to check back in and offer topping up of the coffee and water and getting the food to us very quickly.

The breakfast portions are good sizes with lots of extra bread and jelly to go with the delicious omelette's. I had heard the biscuits weren't too good, so I skipped them but the bacon was thick, the home style potatoes had a Cajun flavor and the eggs were light and fluffy. One of the diners was moaning over how good the grits were but wouldn't share so I can't report personal experience with them.

Everyone was friendly and the decor is amazing--imagine a diner dropped into an ornate bank lobby. I'm definitely going to have to head back there for lunch and see if their down home good cookin' is as good at that meal as it was for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment