Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mona's Cafe

Mona's Cafe is a great corporate citizen and I have called on them several times for food donations for local events for my nonprofit clients. It is also a place I take vegetarians to change up their palate after they've been enduring what passes as meat free meals at some of our better known local restaurants.

Yesterday, I stopped by for a late lunch. Starting with the lentil soup that was peppery and smooth, followed by a snack of pita and hummus and ended with a Chicken Shawarma wrap. The flavor combinations were just what I craved on a cold afternoon.

A bonus to going to them on Frenchman street is the attached grocery store. The perfect place to grab rose water, red lentils or if you want to get charcoal for your samovar or stuff for your hookah.

No comments:

Post a Comment