Thursday, July 15, 2010

Meauxbar Bistro

I went out with a group of friends today for Dining Out for Life. This year had 67 restaurants in the Greater New Orleans area that donated 25% of the day's proceeds to the NO/AIDS Taskforce.

We went to Meauxbar Bistro and it was a very good choice. A small place with an incredibly diverse menu. I had the gazpacho to start and it was one of the best I've ever had--perfectly seasoned and a lovely consistency. I followed that up with their version of Mac and Cheese--Gruyere cheese, truffle oil and a major yum. I exchanged bites of mine with my friends to enjoy the Drum cooked in parchment with curry and coconut milk and the rabbit fricassee. Both were very good with well balanced flavors. I ended the meal with their lemon tart and it was refreshing and delicious.

I definitely would recommend a trip to this bistro. The waitstaff was well informed and attentive, the cocktails were generous, the menu was diverse and the food marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment