Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pascale's Manale

Within walking distance of my house is a fabulous place that serves 'the original bbq shrimp.' I don't know whether that's accurate or not, I just know that what they serve at Pascale's Manale is incredible.

I started with the turtle soup and my dining companion with the gumbo. Both full bodied with lots of meat. We then had the BBQ shrimp with a nice bottle of Sauvingon Blanc. You get a bib to keep the mess off, as you have to dehead and peel the shrimp before consuming but the flavor of the sauce is incredible. We used lots of the fresh bread for dunking so not a drop was wasted.

We ended with their bread pudding. It isn't heavy like a lot of them and the rum butter sauce was a lovely addition.

The service is also top notch with staff that are attentive without being obtrusive. Water, tea, bread are quickly refilled and replaced, wine topped off, plates of shrimp shells whisked away as they become full.

If you're looking for a taste of New Orleans in food and service that doesn't break the bank, this is the place to go. It is just a plus for me that I can walk home after the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment