Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Marigny Brasserie

After a meeting at the LGBT Community Center, I decided to stay in the Faubourg Marigny for dinner. On Frenchman is the Marigny Brasserie. Every time I go there, I am wowed by the meal and service. This visit was no exception.

We started with a Pimms Cup and it was wonderfully refreshing. I had the pork grillades and grits with collard greens. Instead of the usual large hunks of meat, they used pulled pork. The grits were nice and creamy and were a nice counterpoint to the spicy meat. I'm not much of greens fan but these were better than edible. My dining companion had a veal with summer vegetables that was the night's special. Amazingly enough, every item from the meat to the squash to the rest of the veggies were cooked perfectly (nothing limp and soggy).

We ended the meal with a chocolate torte with blueberries. Dense and delicious.

The waitress was funny and helpful and was quick to provide refills without interrupting our conversation.

I very heartily recommend stopping by for lunch or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment