Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pimm's Cup

Carnival season in New Orleans lasts from Twelfth Night (January 6) to Fat Tuesday. Today was Mardi Gras and it was quite warm, so I took the opportunity to work on my Pimm's Cup. I really like the version served at Napoleon House in the French Quarter but wanted to have a version that I could recreate at home. After a few attempts of trying to strike a balance between sweet and sharp, I think I've come up with a delicious version



Pimm's Cup - Recipe Revised 10/21/2012

2 ounces Pimm’s No. 1
4 ounces lemonade (I used Tropicana)
1 tsp grated cucumber
Ginger Ale
Cucumber spear

Remove the seeds and grate one cucumber. Mix together Pimm’s and lemonade in a 12 oz glass. Top off with Ginger Ale and ice. Stir. Garnish with cucumber spear.

No comments:

Post a Comment