Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Bayou Beer Garden

Bayou Beer Garden is on Jeff Davis in Mid City. More than just a neighborhood bar, it has a good sized interior but the real selling point is the back covered deck area, perfect for watching a game on TV or just enjoying a few rounds with some friends. Beyond the cocktails at the bar, they have a sizeable selection of bottle beers from around the world.

I was there after a Board meeting to meet up with a friend on her birthday. I enjoyed a spicy Bloody Mary and a shot of Praline liquor--quite yummy with a nutty and sweet flavor. I also ordered some of their disco fries. These are French fries covered in melted cheese and debris gravy and they made me swoon. The sweet potato fries were good, too, but couldn't compete with the disco fries!

While I might not go there for a Saints game, this place has just become one of my favorite Mid-City hangouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment