Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cajun Cafe

I was making another loop around South Louisiana and had decided to get off US Highway 90 and try the Scenic Byway. Louisiana Highway 182 took me through several small towns and I stopped for lunch in Houma.

The Cajun Cafe struck my eye with the colorful mural on the outside wall.

And it is more than just a cafe! Once I went inside, I found that there is a bar and a dancehall, with live music regularly.

I ordered the shrimp poboy with fried onion twists.

There were a lot of shrimp although it was a little obvious by their slight sogginess that they had been sitting there for a while. They still tasted fine, though. The fried onion twists were fried fresh and very good.

I was the only customer at a little after 2:30 and, instead of rushing me out the door so they could close, the waitstaff was friendly and chatty.

Who knows if I shall ever be on that road again but, if I do, the atmosphere alone might be worth a revisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment