Saturday, August 25, 2012

Peanut Butter Ice Cream

I've been experiementing with peanut butter ice cream ever since I enjoyed a sundae with it at Creole Creamery. I knew I wanted to use chunky peanut butter for that added peanut taste but it has taken a bit of experimenting to get everything right. My first version, using the base I use for most ice creams, was as thick as fudge. Good but too hard to eat. The next time, I added more milk but that thinned it out too much. This version had additional cream instead and was excellent!

Peanut Butter Ice Cream

1 cup chunky peanut butter

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1 cup whole milk

1 - 1/3 cups heavy cream

2 tsp vanilla extract

Put the peanut butter and sugar in a blender and combine until smooth. Add the milk. Blend on low speed until well mixed and the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and the vanilla (don't stir too much, just a few pulses until it's well mixed).

Pour into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions. Remove to a container and freeze overnight for the best consistency. Serve with chocolate syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment