Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Home of Chicken and Waffles - Oakland

I was wandering around downtown Oakland today and ended up at Jack London Square around lunchtime. The picture at left is the Cheemah Mother of the Spirit-Fire monument.

On my way to a BBQ joint, I passed by Home of Chicken & Waffles. As many of my faithful readers know, I'm a sucker for fried chicken, especially when served with waffles.

I ordered Angie's Delight which is the chicken breast with waffle and a side of grits. The chicken was juicy but fairly bland. The waffle was crispy outside and soft inside although it was pretty thin. The grits hit the spot after my chilly morning of walking.

The server was nice and attentive and the food arrived quickly.

This place was a franchise of Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. I've got to say it has nothing on the original - the flavor of Roscoe's chicken alone is waaay better. However, you can't find Roscoe's in Northern California anymore so this is the next best thing.

Of course, dining experiences that requires a moist towelette at the end of the meal is good in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment