Thursday, February 25, 2010

Emeril's New Orleans

Had lunch today at Emeril's and it wasn't bad at all. This restaurant is just a couple of blocks from my office and it was a beautiful day for a walk.

The oyster bisque was creamy and flavorful but a little too salty for my taste. My lunch companion got the smoked mushroom and pasta appetizer. Nice and smokey although pasta was a bit strange as a starter. She had the Marcona Almond Crusted Rainbow Trout and I had the "B.L.F.G.T" (Bacon, Lettuce & Fried Green Tomato on Brioche with Boiled Shrimp and Mustard Aioli). Mine was the perfect combination of salty and sweet and sour. The sweet potato chips were a good addition. I'm not much of a trout fan but the flavor was good, although the prosciutto outside the skin was a bit wasted. Dessert was creme brule and a chocolate torte--both good.

I'm tempted to go back and order the fried chicken and waffles and there was enough variety on the menu that I'm sure that I will find plenty of people to go with me. The acoustics were much better than his other restaurant (NOLA), so you can actually have a conversation without shouting or hearing what the neighboring tables were talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment