Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cafe Adelaide

In the Lowes hotel near the end of Poydras is Cafe Adelaide and the Swizzle Stick bar. The bar is well known for the bartender's inventive cocktails and my Tequila Mockingbird (tequila, lemoncello, bitters) was a good way to put an end to the days stress.

I had the Muscovy Duck and it just melted in my mouth. I'm not sure all was in the croquette but the fried egg on top was an interesting touch. The praline encrusted pork tenderloin was a perfect combination of taste and texture (and not sugary as might be thought). The Black Drum with squash, corn, tomato raisins with a shrimp fra diavolo sauce was a little busy for my taste.

The biscuit bread pudding was very good--the white chocolate sauce was delicious. I had the the lime-ginger creme brulee and the bananas foster sundae was perfect with the special addition of a drizzle of chocolate. That one came with cinnamon rum ice cream--yum!

The wine by the glass selection was pretty good as was the selection of after dinner drinks. We had a Chardonnay, a Riesling, a Cabernet Sauvignon and ended with an Ice wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment