Friday, April 5, 2013

Louisiana Pizza Kitchen - Uptown

I had another cabal meeting last night, this time at Louisiana Pizza Kitchen Uptown. I always like supporting this place because the owner is such a good corporate citizen to the LGBT community with donations of food, gift certificates for silent auctions, as well as sponsorships for many of our local events.

I started with the fried mushrooms. The dipping sauce was strange - almost but not entirely unlike ranch dressing. The little suckers were good enough to just pop in my mouth without sauce, though. The garlic bread was a thin pizza crust with garlic and Parmesan - very nice with the dipping sauce but I would have like more breading.

My main course was shrimp scampi. The angel hair pasta was perfect and the garlicky sauce delicious. The shrimp were incredibly tiny although the artichoke hearts were nice sized. Good flavor, though.

The waitstaff was quick and efficient and kept drinks full without disrupting the plotting.

Thanks so much to Amy Jones of Jones Communications for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment