Monday, April 9, 2012

Crabby Jack's

I picked up a friend from the airport who had only had airport food since 6am. She was hungry for some good food, so we stopped by Crabby Jack's (428 Jefferson Hwy-right over the parish line) for lunch around 2:30pm. I rank this as my favorite po-boy place in the Greater New Orleans Area. While the folks at the counter were a little more self-involved (they were trash talking a previous customer while we stood there waiting to order) and the ambience even more pared down than on previous visits (no more cooler of Barq's!), the po-boys were still top notch.

I got the fried green tomato/shrimp remoulade po-boy. Piled high with shrimp and a delicious sauce, though a bit skimpy on the fried green tomatoes (they had twice as much red tomato on my dressed po-boy). My lunch companion had the slow roasted duck and, even though she claimed at the start she wasn't going to finish it, she ate every bite and most of the onion rings!

The eats are priced nice and the food is great. Just keep in mind the place closes at 3pm most weekdays (only open until 5pm on Thursday and Friday) and is closed on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment