Saturday, April 21, 2012

Superior Seafood and Oyster Bar

I've been meaning to get to Superior Seafood and Oyster Bar that opened at the corner of Napoleon and St. Charles Avenue. There were mixed reviews at first but I've heard enough good things to want to try it. They serve a lot of traditional Louisiana dishes and are right on the street car line, so the view as good as the food.
We got there in time for happy hour, so I started with the 2 for 1 frozen mojito that was a perfect mix of mint and lime. My folks stuck with Stella on tap that the waitress made sure kept coming as fast as my parents could drain the glass.

We tried the mix of oysters (Angels on horseback, Oysters Rockefeller and Oysters Bienville) first--all of which were smoking hot from the oven and quite flavorful. Dad followed that with another half dozen raw. His entree was the Buffalo Trace shrimp on skewers with grits and squash. The shrimp were good, grits creamy and I didn't touch the squash. I had the Shrimp Andouille Brochettes (bacon wrapped grilled shrimp stuffed with cheese and sausage. Absolutely fabulous and the mashed potatoes that it came with were delicious as well.

Stuffed from the good food and tipsy from the drinks, we left my car there and walked back to my house. I'm glad to know that there is another winning neighborhood restaurant within walking distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment