Saturday, April 28, 2012

Frostop

I was in Baton Rouge for the Unite Against the War on Women Rally and we finished a little after 1pm. There was no way I was going to make the drive back to New Orleans without some food in my belly. Not knowing the city very well, we stopped before we reached the interstate under a huge Root Beer mug at a restaurant called Frostop.
The parking lot was full, which is always a good sign for a diner. Unfortunately, the staff was so busy with the crowds that tables weren't being bussed or wiped down. If you want your fast food establishments to be sparkling clean and regularly sanitized, this was not the place for you.

I had the Whole Lot A Burger with cheese special that came with Freedom Fries and a drink. Of course, I got a frosty mug of root beer. It actually was a frosty mug and the root beer was delicious. They also give free refills, so I indulged in two. The burger was pretty good--a little dry but big enough to fill me up. I was with a feminist friend and she ordered the onion rings (ordered but not given, we had to go back when they delivered the food with two orders of fries). The onion rings were thin with a nice batter but the pool of oil in the bottom of the container was a bit of a turnoff. She also was told by the cashier that they didn't have iced tea, when the container was clearly sitting there on the counter. Other than the bathrooms needing as much cleaning as the tables, the meal was pretty decent for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment