Friday, April 20, 2012

Surrey's Cafe

We had a big day planned for today, so we decided to start with a good breakfast. I hadn't been to the Surrey's Cafe and Juice Bar in the Lower Garden District, so we headed over there. After a brief 15 minute wait for a table, we were inside and ready to order.
My Dad ordered the Banana's Foster Stuffed French Toast--perfectly cooked with a little crust on the outside, soft center, and a lovely praline syrup. My Mom had the Irish Stuffed French Toast with Bailey's and cream cheese. Quite excellent. I went with the shrimp and grits and the spice level was perfect. I really loved the rosemary in the grits, it was a very nice touch. The biscuit was a little on the heavy side and I would have preferred some local honey or jelly for it but the meal was otherwise very good and filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment